Book Announcement: Secret Panorama

Hello One and All!

In mid-2016 I started working on one of the hardest but also rewarding projects in my life. I was a different author back then, and this story grew and changed shape along with my soul. In the end I think it changed me more that I did it. What began as a jumble of scribbled notes would come together and form my first novel - Secret Panorama.



Book Announcement: Secret Panorama

The foremost question in your minds must be why it took me close to 3 years (perhaps longer if you take into account the embryonic phase) to finish it? Writing had always been a passion of mine, since I was old enough to read, but I never thought I was smart enough. Or good enough. Or skilled enough. Whatever the hangup of the day was, it would be there on my doorstep, preventing me from actually being brave. People came into my life that changed all of that though (otherwise I wouldn't be writing this, aha).

A couple of years ago I met someone who believed in me, who would become one of my best friends. Over time I came to saw myself through her eyes, and I recognized that nay-saying voice for what it is; a negative influence that doesn't define who I am. Afterwards I encountered the wisdom of three other people. I recognized that I had an unique power, which was precious and worth treasuring. Thank you to those four people for existing and being fierce guiding lights.

Work on this book had already started before this change, so this story is a reflection of the different versions of me, and the heart of it was cast in this storm of change. One of the major recurring threads in Secret Panorama is " the journey"; this includes physical travel but, maybe most importantly, also the journey inwards. That is the most difficult expedition of our lives, because it's never complete and somehow never rewards us with anything tangible. We always ask ourselves if we are moving two steps backwards or four steps forward? Perhaps we all should just be content in knowing that we are where we need to be.



This debut novel will be released on the 7th of February 2019, but it's already available for pre-order at retailers like Apple Books, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Angus & Robertson:

https://books2read.com/u/4NGY26 

I hope this year is filled to overflowing with love. As always, thank you for reading!

Comments