Relaxation through Sound

Hello one and all!

In the 21st century it's really difficult just to slow down and relax. People turn to various methods just to shut themselves off from the hustle and bustle (which always seems demands more from us). In the post I'll be talking about something that has worked for me when it comes to slowing down and taking a breath.

Music is one of the things that helps me, but recently I've also discovered ambient sound videos. It's usually a video which consists of a background and the sounds of a space, like a forest during rainfall. It sounds pretty simple but the calming effects of the sounds of nature or a peaceful setting is really powerful. And there are different flavours too, for example ambient sounds for a swamp or a library if you want an inside place. Two examples from the The Guild of Ambience channel on Youtube: 




I've heard from a friend, who always struggles with sleeping, that running these in the background helps him get some rest. For once technology also helps people get some shut-eye, aha. If it works for you then check it out.

Thank you for reading and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Comments