Reading Music

Hello one and all!

I've mentioned in previous posts I'm really interested in music and musicals. Currently I'm learning to play the piano and working on my sight-reading. In the post I'll be talking more about my experience with learning to read music.

Learning to read and interpret notes has opened up a new world for me. This is a new language, and I get to be more intimate with one piece of my life that has always been there-music. After a while you start to notice the little quirks of your favourite songwriters, almost like dissecting the style of literary authors. This has actually increased my appreciation for the musical genius that seems effortless, but I'm sure took years of hard work.

What is more astounding is that I'm just at the start of my journey into music and I'm sure there are many surprises still around the corner. Reading sheet music is a muscle that needs to be exercised continuously. It should end up being effortless, like reading a book.

By learning all of this also means that it'll be easier to remember an irritating tune! I think we can all relate with the struggle of remembering a catchy tune, ahaha.

I have a feeling this could influence my writing as well. I'm glad I took the first steps to exploring the interests that are really important to me and that enrich my life, compared with those that were only diversions. I think that's something we have to figure out for ourselves at some points in our lives. We only have so much time in our lives and we have to spend as much as possible on things that moves our soul.

Thanks so much for reading, I appreciate each and everyone.   

Comments