City Short Story

Hello one and all!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. A couple of weeks ago I saw a writing prompt with the theme of "Stories Based on Song Lyrics Writing." I love music (learning the piano at the moment) and writing, so a prompt that combined them was perfect for me.

The song that I chose for my story is City by Sara Bareilles, one of my favourite musicians by the way. The beautiful lyrics were already perfectly suited to a story and I enjoyed putting my own spin on it. I imagined a lonely and sad musician as the protagonist, a person just stuck in a rut in her life, even though she was following her passion. She needs something to hold onto but there are people circling her that want to take advantage of her. I think it's something we can all relate to on some level.

My short story "City" appeared on Baer Book Press recently, so I would appreciate it if y'all would go and check it out: http://baerbookspress.com/writing/stories-based-on-song-lyrics-writing-prompt-part-3/

Any fans of Sara Bareilles or music? Feel free to comment about your favourite songs or just anything else really.

Comments