Books and Music

Hello one and all!

People are wildly different, and so are writers, so I always wonder what habits some of my favourite creators have. Do they meditate, chew on a pencil, walk to and fro in their office? I bet all of the above and then some. 

I usually have to get quiet before I write. Just to order everything before I jump into it. And then I usually listen to some music while I write. Or not. It probably depends on what I'm writing and I don't have the whole day to write, so when I can, I try to be as productive as possible. You never know when life will come in and take away more of your writing time, aha.

Recently I've listening to the soundtrack of the Wicked musical. Yes, I'm a musical nerd too and I'm trying to grow my interest in that as well. I love music in general but I have a soft spot for musicals. One song from Wicked, "Defying Gravity", really hit home. It resonates with me probably because it deals with a person that is done with living according to other people's wishes. Something a lot of us can relate to.

 
A lot of you surely have very different work habits that are specific to you. That is the beauty of all of the different personalities that write. The unique lights we shine help make our works that more special. Thanks for reading!

Feel free to comment if you want to share your favourite work habits or music! 

Comments